Fort Worth, Texas

Fort Worth, Texas
Stockyard Cattle Drive

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Random Picture Update


















Eli, Baird, and Mathew are playing at Evie's 3rd birthday party at Central Market. I can't believe these kids were all in the infant program together. Central Market is a really awesome place on many different levels btw - from gourmet grocery and bakery to hanging outside and listening to bands, called Burgers and Bock (beer). I will admit that they also really do have the best cupcake-cakes in town, and they can make them into any shape you want. We don't do cupcake-cakes at McKinley's, but why try if we can't do them as well? And I really don't think we could without a full force effort behind it, and right now, with holidays upon us again, I don't have the time or focus. It is a great idea, though.






The above was taken at a famous Texas fried chicken place called Babe's. Another place we need to take family when they visit and never can remember. Eli and I met a couple of former McKinley employees who we never see anymore. Cassie has been in banking the past couple years and she, her husband, and baby Grady, are leaving the area to move closer to family....the reason for our get-together. Kristi (now an art teacher) and Lori (our manager) went with us also.

As for the most current news...we have had a fairly uneventful weekend. Although we did use our Del Frisco's gift certificate on Friday night and that experience was absolutely fabulous. Aaron and I bought a gift certificate to Del Frisco's at a charity event last year. It expired Sept. 30 of this year so we decided to use it on Friday night, just in time. Although not an overly fancy place, it is soooo expensive (to us), which is why we never think to go there. Our certificate did not even come close to covering it. Yet, the place is packed and many people go there on a regular basis. It really is the best lobster, steak, crab cakes, (and fresh off the cob, corn casserole) in town! It really was magnificent. Oh, three of our McKinley's employees work there in the kitchen at night. They work for us in the day, and at del Frisco's at night and have been doing that for years.


I haven't been in the mood for doing much this weekend. Just one of those hang at the house times. I think next week will be a tough one for all. Aaron has to travel a couple times, and I am going to attempt to have the official kick-off of our new McKinley "Elite Member" cards. We finally got our electronic gift card program up and going last month. And after months of training and testing we also have our separate loyalty card program up. we have given out about 70 cards to customers we know as we continue to test, but next week I want to put out purple and silver balloons and make a big deal about it. The whole idea behind the cards is really just to say "thank-you" to our regulars. We have people (as I can finally track through reports now) who literally come in 4-6 days a week! I really did not know just how frequent our regulars come in. So our main plan is points based...$1 = 1 point (double points for breakfast 8-11 a.m.). At 75 points, they get a free dessert voucher, at 150 points they get $10 off their ticket. And they get a free dessert the month of their birthday, plus all kinds of year round lottery based prizes. Right now we will be turning on the "Happy Halloween" plan where customers have a 1 in 10 chance of getting a free decorated Halloween sugar cookie when they visit. We will be doing different fun things all year and may change it up based on customer feedback.

I hope all my family is doing well out there. We sure do miss all our Mississippi, Kentucky, and Florida family. My heart goes out to Michael and Georgia whose lab, Mojo, died last week. Mojo is our lab's "father". I am so sorry, guys! I hope Brinson is okay, too! Love ya'll.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kristi really looks good! Glad ya'll are staying in touch.