Fort Worth, Texas

Fort Worth, Texas
Stockyard Cattle Drive

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Symphony and Laser Show

We went to the Concert in the Gardens with the Ft. Worth Symphony Orchestra over the weekend. They do a different theme each night of their summer series, and the one we saw had movie sound tracks (e.g. E.T., Harry Potter, Star Trek, Star Wars, etc.) with a laser light show at the end during the space themed music. It is very neat, and I do love going (and the orchestra is fantastic), but in all honesty I have a hard time paying attention throughout (I am really a dance and theatre girl). Since it is a picnic type affair I am usually more preoccupied with how hot it is outside, what I am eating, or if I need another beer. Oh, I also love to people watch! Just being honest... (side note: last year we saw their Pink Floyd performance, and while I am not a huge Pink Floyd fan....that one was a lot more entertaining for me.).






We had great table seats.
















Eli was digging it. I watched his expression a lot.














He is sneaking his 2nd McKinley's cookie when he thinks we aren't watching.













Even though the sun has gone down, we are both sweating pretty good. Ahhh....Texas summer is here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You really do a wonderful job in capturing just the right moment with Eli. He probably felt what could be better...music and cookies.
Glad he shows an appreciation for music.
Keep the updates coming...
love
Meme and Big Daddy