Fort Worth, Texas

Fort Worth, Texas
Stockyard Cattle Drive

Sunday, June 14, 2009

Trike-a-thon

Gentlemen start your engines!
AW: I can remember helping to raise money for St. Jude's Children Hospital when I was younger by participating in a bike-a-thon. I collected pledges for each mile ridden or something to that effect. Last Friday at Eli's summer camp, the school organized a trike-a-thon for the same purpose. All of the kids collected pledges based on the number of laps they completed on their tricycles. The fund-raising quickly turned competitive as the boys tried to see who could pass the most people. All the years of watching Nascar with daddy must have paid off. Eli drafted behind his targets, picked his moments passing on the long straight-aways, and (when necessary to move slower moving traffic out of the way) expertly executed the "bump-and-run" technique. Dale Earnhardt would have been proud (I was).


Warm-up lap.



Its a good thing they don't make tricycles with rear-view mirrors or Eli might have been worried about his buddy racing up from behind. The orange and red flamed helmet with lion fur was pretty intimidating!




Caution -- spin in turn 2!
Eli remembered to thank his sponsors -- Mickey Mouse and freezie pops.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You could tell he was really into it...what a well rounded grandboy. He can appreciate Beethoven (sp?)to being a race driver. Never a dull moment, huh?
Love
Meme and Big Daddy