We had a great Easter. Eli was pumped and I can say hands down Eli loves Easter over every holiday, even Christmas. I don't know where he learned about the Easter bunny and hunting eggs, he didn't really get it last year. I really have not been talking to him about it seeing as how that is really not what the holiday is all about. But he has been talking about it ALL week. Every night before bed he wants to talk about the Easter eggs or the Easter bunny.
Aaron had Eli leave a carrot for the Easter bunny, and they had fun deciding where they could leave it where our dogs couldn't get it. They decided to put it on the landing of the stairs because we keep a baby gate at the bottom to keep the dogs from going up. Well, about midnight Eli came downstairs to our room and in the process left the gate open (bye-bye carrot - we told him the bunny really DID eat it!). He woke me up to say that the Easter bunny had not come to see him yet. I told him to go back to sleep, it was too early for the Easter bunny. I set my alarm for 5:30 but could not get up just then, and Aaron got up and set out all the loot. He even had a basket for me! What a sweet daddy and husband. I got up at 6:00 and we sat waiting for Eli to wake up.
Today we went to church service and then stayed for the Easter egg hunt on the lawn and lunch. It was a nice day! We usually go off for brunch elsewhere, but we were glad we stayed. Eli had the time of his life....he kept exclaiming to all..."HAPPY EASTER EVERYBODY!!!!" He has been saying that pretty much all day.
1 comment:
All I can do is SMILE!!! Happy Easter Rumfelts!!!
Post a Comment